Research, Development and Innovation Committee nominations are now open
The College of Podiatry invites members to nominate themselves to fill three vacant seats on its Research, Development and Innovation Committee.
The purpose of the Committee is to promote ‘the advancement of research and education of the public in the art and science of podiatric health relating in particular, but not limited to, the prevention and the treatment of diseases and conditions of the foot and lower limbs.' The Committee reports to the Clinical Senate and has the following objectives:
- Be the advisory body on all matters relating to research and development
- Advise on policy and strategy for the development and implementation of activities relating to research, evaluation, audit, and evidence-based practice
- Advise on research-related CPD
- Draft responses to consultation papers relating to research and development
- Advise on research programmes and other related activity required to underpin the College’s policies and campaigns
- Liaise with the Conference Committee on the research programme for the College’s Annual Conference
- Advise on sources of funding for research
- Facilitate networking of members involved in research
- Facilitate the development of members new to research
- Liaise with external research bodies and organisations involved in health research
- Receive proposals for research
- Advise on priorities for research activity within the podiatry profession
- Act as a conduit for research activity relevant to the profession
- Make all necessary arrangements to support specific College awards and prizes
In addition, please note that:
- The Committee meets three times a year (twice by videoconference and once in person at the College office) and manages its work by email and telephone conferences in between meetings
- Each in-person meeting will take place at the offices of the College in London starting at 11.30 am and generally finishing no later than 4.30 pm
- Travel expenses/expenses incurred as a result of travelling to attend a meeting will be reimbursed
- Lunch is provided for meetings that take place at the College office
As already stated, we have three seats available on this occasion. If we receive more nominations than there are seats available, the existing Committee members will be asked to participate in a blind vote to select the successful candidates.
The closing date for applications is Friday 28 February 2020.
All enquiries should be addressed to the Postgraduate Education Officer, Kim Bryan, at email@example.com.