Call for nominations to the Independent Practice Group
2022 devolved nation seat election. Closing date 11 March 2022
Are you interested in being part of a dedicated advisory group at the Royal College of Podiatry (RCPod) which would feed into the development of support and services working in private/independent practice?
If so, then being part of the Independent Practice Group (IPG) could be for you!
This is a call for nominations from private/independent practitioners in Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales to fill corresponding seats on the IPG. There is one seat available for each country from July 2022 for a term of three years.
The overall purpose of the Group is to provide insight and feedback to help set the direction for developing support and benefits for members working in private/independent practice. The Group meets three times a year. Two meetings a year will be held remotely (via video conference) and one at the RCPod offices in London. Travel costs will be payable as per our expenses policy.
Who can apply/nominate themselves?
- You work in the country you wish to represent
- You are a member of the College in good standing
- You spend at least 50% of your time in independent/private practice
- You can commit to attend the three meetings a year (these usually take place on a Saturday from 10.00am to 1.00pm) and supporting work between meetings
- You are well networked with other members working in independent/private practice in order to bring relevant insight and knowledge to the Group about what members want/need.
What do I need to do if I wish to stand?
The process is to self-nominate using the nomination form. Please contact Maureen Jonas at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of the form and the terms of reference for the Group. The closing date for nominations is 11 March 2022.